Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Quilt for Mat and Jae Mee

Just returned from BWI, Maryland where the family welcomed home my daughter-in-law from Afghanistan. She is an Air Force nurse and she has been stationed there for 6 months. Mat, her husband, is also in the Air Force where he is a helicopter pilot. He returned home from Afghanistan in September. Sooooo, we had Christmas for Jae yesterday. I had been working on the Four Seasons Afghan for them for several months, along with some other projects. With her return looming I really got on it last week, determined to have it done for her return. Well, it was done! Her response was really gratifying. She loved it. However, I had to tell her that it was probably not a great idea for their Great Pyrenees dog, Zeb, to become too at home on it. I knit it out of Malabrigo yarn and it will probably have to be dry cleaned.

Now on to other projects. I made Leslie Friend's Chunky Beenie on the way to the airport and just have to seam it. It feels really nice not to be any pressure to get things completed for the holidays.

Happy and healthy 2010 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment